Sunday, January 23, 2011

Off the market!

We put our house on the market this summer in the hopes of being able to move closer to town.  Yes, the market is bad, but we hoped that the perfect buyer would come along.  We've had a few people look, but no offers so we've decided to take the house off the market and refinance.  I work at a bank and they have a great employee deal for refinancing so we're going that route. 

Which means we can tackle some of the projects that we've been wanting to do, but couldn't because our house had to be show-ready at all times. 

Today we decided to take down the chain-link fence running through the middle of our backyard.  We have a wooden fence, but the yard is cut on half with a chain link fence.  It was a spur of the moment decision so I forgot to take a before picture. 

We've gotten everything down except for the posts which we can't dig up right now.  Here is what the progress looks like so far:





The leftover materials:










Eric hard at work!



Linus observed the project:



Glad that's done!  Maybe next weekend we'll get the posts out of the ground.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandy! I am Laura from www.lauraandjamiesonesie.blogspot.com
    Thank you so much for your response! We have so much in common. I don't know if you read the rest of my blog but I am from Alabama also. I am from Forestdale. I graduated from Birmingham Southern in 98.
    Thank you and Roll Tide!

    ReplyDelete